Greek-Style Vegetable Kebabs With Orzo And Feta
- 8 tablespoons purchased Greek-style vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut 1"-square
- 3 Japanese eggplants cut 1/2"-thick
- 2 medium zucchini cut 1/2"-thick
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Blend vinaigrette and mint in small bowl for dressing.
Cook orzo in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite; drain. Return orzo to same pan. Mix in 3 tablespoons dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Thread bell pepper, eggplant and zucchini onto 4 metal skewers; brush with dressing. Grill vegetables until tender and just charred, turning and brushing often with dressing, about 12 minutes.
Divide orzo between 2 plates. Place vegetable skewers atop orzo. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.