Apple Praline Bread
An internet recipe.
- Praline Sauce:
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 C Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely chopped.
- 1 C nuts (walnuts, pecans, or combo) divided
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
2. Beat together sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on slow speed until well blended. Add in flour, leavening agents and salt. Continue to beat until well combined.
3. Fold in apples and half the nuts into batter. Transfer into greased loaf pan.
4. Sprinkle the rest of nuts on top then press them lightly into the batter. Bake for about 60 min. or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in loaf pan for about 20-30 min. and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For Praline Sauce:
Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and drizzle over the bread.