Crock Pot Lobster Bisque
- Maine Lobster Tails, thawed: 4 each
- Butter, unsalted: 1 Tbsp
- Shallot, minced: 1 ea
- Onion, minced: 1/2 ea
- Garlic clove, minced: 2 ea
- Diced Tomatoes, with juice, canned: 2 x 14.5 oz cans
- Chicken Broth: 1 quart
- Cayenne Pepper: 1/8 tsp
- Dill: 1 tsp
- Paprika: 1/2 tsp
- Old Bay: 1 Tbsp
- Parsley, chopped: 4 Tbsp
- Heavy Cream: 1 pint
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Adapted from getmainelobster.com
1. In a medium sized pan over medium heat melt the butter.
Add in shallot and onion and sweat until translucent and aromatic. Add in garlic and cook for another minute. Transfer into the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Add spices, broth and tomatoes to the crock pot. Using heavy duty scissors remove the end of each tail and add into the pot. Reserve the remaining tail with meat in it.
3. Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low heat covered.
4. Remove the fan parts of the tail from the crock pot. Blend the soup until smooth either using a stick blender or a stand up blender and add the soup back to the crock pot.
5. Add lobster tails and cook for 45 minutes on low.
6. Remove the lobster tails and add cream and parsley to the crock pot.
7. Once the tails have cooled enough to handle remove the meat and dice it. Add it back into the crock pot and stir.
Serve with a side of crackers or nicely buttered rolls.
You'll also love
- BBQ Corn with Mexican Spicy Butter... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- The Perfect Lettuce Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Margarita Shrimp Cocktail 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Falafel-Coated Shrimp with Yogurt... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Lobster Bisque 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Crab and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Lobster Bisque Brio Tuscan Grill 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe