Cherry 7 Up Pound Cake
This cherry pound cake is so easy, but you wouldn't know from how beautiful it is! The two-toned glaze makes this simple cake a work of art.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup Cherry 7 Up
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, stems removed, patted dry
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
Preheat oven to 315°F. Prepare a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, attached to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the butter for 2 minutes on high until pale in color. Add in sugar and salt and cream together for an additional 7 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple times. Mixture will be very pale yellow and fluffy.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in flour, being careful not to over beat. Pour in Cherry 7 Up and mix just until combined. Fold in maraschino cherries.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 75 to 85 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then invert on serving plate. Cool completely before adding glaze.
Get out two bowls and put 1 cup of powdered sugar in each. To one bowl, add in cherry juice. Whisk until smooth. To the other bowl, add in milk, whisk until smooth.
Pour the white glaze over the top of the cake first. Then drizzle with the cherry glaze.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Cookie Cups 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Dumpling Casserole 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Split Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sour Cream Pound Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- 7 Up Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Chicken 4/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe