Fresh Peach Chutney
- 1 firm-ripe peach
- 1/4 cup golden raisins chopped fine
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chili seeded, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely-chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Halve and pit peach and cut into 1/8-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups).
In a bowl combine peach, raisins, chili, gingerroot, shallot, and cumin. Chill chutney, covered, at least one hour and up to 2 hours.
About 1 hour before serving, stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chutney at room temperature.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.