Shrimp Quesadillas Weight Watchers
- 3/4 pound(s) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 small onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 average jalapeno pepper(s), seeded and finely chopped (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 pound(s) cremini mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 4 medium tortilla, flour, fat-free, (8-inch)
- 4 oz shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, or 1
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt and add to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Spray the same skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, cumin, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3–5 minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the shrimp and cilantro.
Place a tortilla on a work surface. Top half the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the cheese, one-fourth of the shrimp mixture, then 2 tablespoons more cheese. Fold the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semicircle, lightly pressing the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making 4 quesadillas.
Wipe the skillet clean, spray with nonstick spray, and set over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook until the cheese melts and the outsides of the tortillas are lightly browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the quesadillas to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas. Yields 1 quesadilla per serving.