Outback Steakhouse's Gold Coast Coconut Shrimp
- MARMALADE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard (with whole-grain mustard seed)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 dash salt
- COCONUT SHRIMP:
- 1 cup flat beer
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- Vegetable oil for frying
Marmalade Sauce: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Cover and place in refrigerator 1 hour at least before serving.
Coconut Shrimp: Clean and devein shrimp, leaving last tail section and fins for holding. Dry shrimp thoroughly and sprinkle with paprika.
In medium bowl, combine beer, flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Add sugar and 1/2 cup coconut. Beat at low speed till well mixed.
Put remaining coconut in shallow dish or pie plate. Dip shrimp into batter, coating completely. Roll shrimp in coconut, pressing firmly to ensure it is well coated. Place on wax paper-lined tray or plate. Continue with all shrimp, and refrigerate 20 minutes to set coating.
Heat oil to 350 degrees. Oil should cover shrimp completely, about 2 inches deep in fryer or pan. Fry shrimp a few at a time, turning if necessary. Drain and serve with Marmalade Sauce.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Uchiko Brussels Sprouts with Lemon... 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Pastele Stew 3.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Patagonian Scallops, Lemon and... 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Shrimp 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Heavenly Hawaiian Coconut Cake 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot Ginger Soup with Coconut... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)