Potatoes - Chipotle Cream Potato Gratin
- 2 chipotle chile peppers (in adobo sauce)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, seoftened
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 tea. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tea. salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions (or chives) finely chopped
In food processor place the chipotle peppers and cream cheese. Puree until well blened. With the processor constantly running, slowly add the heavy cream. Add the nutmeg and salt, and blend them in. set the sauce aside.
coat a medium casserole dish with some of the melted butter. Add a thin layer of the sliced potatoes, sprinkle on some of the chopped shallots, and dribble on some more of the melted butter. Repeat this layering process until the dish is full. Pour the sauce on top.
Cover the dish and bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender. Garnish the dish with the scallions or chives.