Avocado Egg Rolls with Dipping Sauce
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 t. salt
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 3-4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salt. Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the bottom corner up over the filling.
Fold side corners in and roll toward the top corner. Wet the edges of the top corner with a little water. Then fold top corner over and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce.
To make dipping sauce, use a blender or food processor to puree all listed ingredients except olive oil. Blend until well pureed. Then stream in olive oil. Refrigerate until ready to use.