Tenderloin Of Beef
- OVEN-DRIED TOMATOES:
- 1 tenderloin chaine, and silverskin removed
- 16 oven-dried tomatoes - (to 20) see below
- 1/4 ounce thyme
- 1/4 ounce rosemary
- 1/4 ounce basil
- 1/4 ounce parsley
- 1 ounce minced garlic
- 3 ounces freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 ounce coursely-ground black pepper
- 1 ounce olive Oil
- 1/4 ounce kosher Salt
- Unwaxed cord for cooking preferably cotton
- 16 fresh Roma tomatoes - (to 20) split lengthwise
- Olive oi to coat
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- OVEN-ROASTED NEW POTATOES:
- 8 red potatoes quartered or halved
- Seasoning salt to taste
- Oil to coat
After cleaning the tenderloin, split down the middle and pound out evenly. Rub with oil. Lay out oven-dried tomatoes evenly. Cover with fresh herb mixture and parmesan cheese, pepper, and salt. Roll and tie.
Place on grill to start cooking process and for color. Place on wire rack on sheet pan and cook in convection oven till desired temperature, 115 to 120 degrees for medium-rare. Approximately 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
For the Oven-dried Tomatoes: Split tomatoes and place in bowl, cover generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on sheetpan in oven at 200 degrees for 6 to 8 hours, or in 350 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours.
For the Oven Roasted New Potatoes: Toss potatoes in oil and seasoning salt and coat evenly. Place on sheetpan and into 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe yields ?? servings.