Clean Eating - Nutty Coconut Granola Bars
These bars are very messy and sticky. Wrap each in parchment and keep in freezer. These bars are also pretty sweet.
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup peanut halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries, fruit juice sweetened
- 1 cup traditional oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried coconut
- 1 cup organic brown rice syrup (can use molasses, etc)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the walnuts, peanuts, cranberries, oats, coconut and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
2. In a small medium sauce pan, combine brown rice syrup, honey and vinailla. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
3. While the sweetener is still hot, pour into mixing bowl and stir everything together, quickly.
4. Working quickly, transfer mixture into an oiled baking dish, 9x13
5. Using parchment paper that covers entire surface area, press down on mixture, using your flat hands to compress tightly. Pack it tight or the bars won't stick together.
6. Place dish in freeqer overnight and cut into bars in the morning. Wrap each, individually, in parchment or wax paper, and store in the a bag, in the freezer.