Mom's Carrot Cake
- 1 cup oleo (soft)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup grated raw carrots
- cream cheese frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans and lightly flour.
* Cream together oleo and sugar.
* In seperate bowl, cream together eggs and vanilla. Add this to the sugar mixture.
* Combined flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Add this to the creamed mixture.
* Add apple sauce and grated carrots. Mix well.
* Pour into prepared baking pan(s).
* Bake 13x9-inch pan 40 to 45 minutes, round pans 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rectangle pan on cooling rack. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
* Frost cake with you favorite crem cheese frosting.