Ham And Apple Strata
- 6 slices whole wheat bread cut off the crust
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cut up ham
- 3 large Granny apples sliced, skinned
- Sugar combined with
- Cinnamon for apple slices
- 1 1/4 half-and-half (you can use part non-fat)
- 8 eggs - (to 10)
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
Spread bread with butter. Arrange buttered slices in single layer in greased baking dish. Layer 1/2 cheese, ham, apples (with sugar and cinnamon). Top off with the cheese that is left.
Combine half-and-half, eggs, mustard powder, and Worcestershire. Pour mixture over strata. Cover, refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.