K's Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
This slow cooked chicken tortilla soup is amazing and comes together easily using your slow cooker. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, with seeds for heat, chopped small
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Bush's black bean fiesta (or regular black beans)
- 3 cups (or more) Rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked (or regular) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro leaves
- Shredded cheese, as desired
- Sour cream, as desired
- Tortilla strips, as desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
In a saute pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute onion with jalapeno peppers until almost softened.
Add garlic and cook another minute.
Add all remaining ingredients together and stir in onion mixture. Add to slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours.
Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.