Krisha's buttermilk potato soup
- 4 eggs
- 4 potatoes
- 1 bunch scunions, green parts only, sliced thinly
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 pound salami, cut into cubes (optional)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups water
1. Hard-boil the eggs (cover with water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let sit for 12 minutes). Cool, peel, and cut into cubes.
2. Boil the potatoes, then peel and cube them.
3. Place scallions and cucumber in a pot, and add salt. Add potato, eggs, and remaining ingredients, stir together, and chill in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.