- RED SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 10 corn totillas
- 1 lb. tilapia fillets
- Seasoning (pepper and paprika)
- Onions, diced
- Red / Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 5 tbsp shredded cheese - mexican blend - queso, jack cheese, cheddar
Adapted from food.com
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
3. Pour into pan and add rest of water.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
5. Stir in tomato sauce.
6. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
7. Liberally season the tilapia fillets with pepper, and paprika or your choice of your favorite seasoning. Place the fillets on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let the fish rest for at least 10 minutes after baking to let the juices redistribute.
8. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
9. Take a tortilla and dip it into sauce covering both sides. Place approximately 1.5 ounces of tilapia (cut into cubes) along with onions and bell peppers, if desired, into tortilla and roll.
10. Place them in an oven safe shallow dish. Cover with additional sauce and sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Bake until warm and until the cheese has melted.
11. Freeze remaining sauce.
11. Serve warm.