Herbed Minced Beef and Vegetable Couscous
This healthy moroccan-inspired couscous salad is nice at room temperature with a bit of nonfat yogurt to top it off.
- 7 ounces couscous
- 10 fluid ounces boiling hot vegetable stock
- 1/2 pound extra lean minced beef
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1.5cm lengths
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon fat free natural yogurt, to serve
Place couscous in a heat-resistant bowl and pour over the boiling hot stock. Cover and soak for 10 to 12 minutes.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over high heat. Add minced beef and vegetables and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add cumin and curry powder and cook an additional 1-2 minute. Remove from heat, season and keep warm.
Fluff up couscous nand place in a wide serving bowl. Add the beef mixture and toss. Serve with spoonful of fat free natural yogurt.
You'll also love
- Hungarian pork and sauerkraut... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tomatoes - Italian Style Stewed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Portugese Bifes De Cebolada, Beef... 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Applebee's Copycat Cajun Shrimp... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegan Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Russian Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Couscous Jambalaya 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta Couscous Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)