- Nutritional Info:
- 1 cup Sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 cup natural soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 12 oz. salmon fillets, cut in two 6 ounce pieces
- 344 calories
- 11 total fat (2 g sat)
- 246 mg cholesterol
- 28 g carbohydrates
- 34 g protien
- 4 g fiber
- 497 mg sodium
Prepare the marinade by mixing the sake, soy sauce, ginger, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
Rinse the salmon filets under cold water, place in a glass or ceramic dish and pour the marinade over it. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerater for 1-3 hours, spooning the liquied over any exposed parts of the fish once or twice.
Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler to high heat.
Remove the fish from the marinade and place on foil on the grill or a broiler pan. Broil or grill until done. Being careful not to overcook.
Pour reserve marinade over the fish and serve at once.