Jamie's Chipotle Chili Cheese Dogs
This flavorful chili will make your hot dogs taste even better.
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped, or 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer, beef broth, or water
- 8 1/4 pounds all-beef hot dogs, grilled (directions below)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Adapted from bhg.com
In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and half of onion until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
Add jalapeno and garlic to skillet, cook 1 minute. Add ground beef; cook and stir 5 minutes, breaking up chunks with side of spoon. Drain fat. Stir in seasonings, tomato sauce, and beer. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside; keep warm.
Top grilled hot dogs with chili, cheese, and remaining chopped onion. Makes 8 hot dogs.