SQUID - Spring Onion Stuffed Squid
- 3 pcs large squid
- 2 bundles of spring onions
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (instructions here)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- corn flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- fried garlic
Adapted from angsarap.net
Rub salt and pepper inside and outside the squid.
Stuff enough spring onions on the cavity of each squid then close the ends with a toothpick.
Dredge squid in corn flour then deep fry each squid for 3 minutes, do not overcook squid will become tough.
While waiting for the squid to cook, prepare your sauce by mixing together teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce and corn flour mixture in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil and simmer until thick. You can reduce or add water content according to your liking.
Once all of the squid are cooked, remove from fryer then cut several opening on the squid, remove the toothpick. Pour sauce on top and sprinkle some fried garlic.
You'll also love
- Green Papaya-Style Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Crustless Quiche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegan Cheezy Asparagus Lemon Pasta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Blini with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peruvian Tiradita (Marinated Fish... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orzo with Caramelized Onions and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Liver Pâté with Balsamic... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Creole Shrimp Crackers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)