Primal Broccoli and Cheddar
- One chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp butter
- lots of broccoli (chopped) about 1/2 the soup pot full
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- celery seed (about 1/4 tsp
- 1 cup grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of greek style plain yogurt – the full fat kind.
- We added cayenne pepper. We like spice
saute the onion, garlic and butter until browned, ( in the soup pot on the stove top set at medium:) not sure if we added olive oil to saute it with the butter? Add the broccoli, veg stalk and celery seed and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiled, turn the heat down to simmer for 20 minutes. (meanwhile, grate some cheddar and clean up the kitchen mess!)
Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool a bit and add the cheese and yogurt and blend. We actually used more than 1/4 cup of yogurt. We used food processor, they used a hand blender.