Creamy Tuna Noodle Cazuela
You'll love this Creamy Tuna Noodle Cazuela recipe.
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup piquillo peppers, sliced (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- One 6-ounce can or jar solid white tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup panko, Japanese bread crumbs
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 450°. Cook the farfalle pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook the sauce over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Add the farfalle pasta, frozen baby peas, sliced piquillo peppers, Parmigiano cheese and tuna and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish, a cazuela (casserole dish) or 4 individual gratin dishes.
In a small skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the panko and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the panko over the casserole and bake for 10 minutes (5 minutes for individual gratins), or until bubbling. Serve right away.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple, Cheddar and Spinach Salad... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Wild Salmon Cakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon and Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Fish Bake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Four Pasta Beef Bake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Cream Cheese Noodle Kugel 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Classic Tuna Casserole 4.5/5 (13 Votes)