Orange Sesame Chicken
- 3 oranges (juiced)
- 3 T soy sauce (gluten free)
- 2 T white rice vinegar
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1/4 cup flour (I used gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch or flour (to thicken sauce, I used flour)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
First, preheat oven to 375F. Next, in a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO to medium heat.
Prep chicken breast by rubbing both sides with gluten free flour. Once the oil is hot, place chicken breast into pan and brown both sides. 1. I cooked each side for about 4-5 minutes (covered), just enough so that the chicken breasts turned golden brown.
2. While the chicken is browning, prepare sauce. Mix the juice from 3 oranges (or 1/2 to 2/3 cup orange juice), soy sauce, white rice vinegar, honey, and ginger. Then, add in about one tablespoon of flour (or cornstarch), and dissolve with a fork (note: it WILL thicken up as it heats in the oven).
3. Once the chicken is done browning. Transfer to an oven safe dish. Then, pour sauce over chicken and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
4. When the chicken is done cooking, remove from baking dish onto a plate. Let sauce sit for about 5 minutes (so it can cool) and pour additional sauce on top of chicken. Sprinkle on sesame seeds. Serve with coconut rice and citrus kale salad (recipe below).