Big Mama’s Broccoli Rice Casserole - Crockpot
Taking an old family favorite and making it in the slow cooker y'all! My great grandma, "Big Mama", taught the women in our family how to get around the kitchen and was always making something up for us when we would visit. We really miss her home cooking and this is a perfect way to pay tribute to her!
- 1 bag (24 ounce) frozen cut broccoli
- 2 2/3 cups quick-cooking rice (uncooked)
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cans cream soup (Big Mama used cream of celery, we used cream of mushroom)
- 2 jars (15 ounce) Cheez Whiz
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from crockingirls.com
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, mixing well to ensure the rice cooks.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.