- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Carrots, Peeled And Diced
- 1 cup Cauliflower, Broken Into Small Pieces
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 8 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped (or Chiffonade)
- 3/4 cups Cooked Ham, Diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Extra Parmesan, For Serving
- Extra Basil, For Serving
- 1 pound Cheese Or Spinach Tortellini
Cook tortellini a couple of minutes less than package directions call for. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and stir to cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots and cauliflower, stir, and cook 1 minute. Splash in wine and broth, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid reduces a bit. Stir in cream and Parmesan and stir.
When the mixture is hot, stir in peas, ham, salt, and pepper. Allow them to heat up in the sauce. When the sauce is hot, stir in the tortellini. Check for seasonings, add more if needed, and serve with extra Parmesan and basil.