Pressure Cooker Cheese Tortellini and Meatball Soup
This variation has full sized meatballs and cheese filled tortellini. A hearty soup for at least six people.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cup sliced celery (around 6 to 7 trimmed celery hearts)
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 38 to 40 frozen meatballs (around 20 ounces, I use Farmrich Italian)
- 1 8 ounce bag dried cheese-stuffed tortellini
- 2 1/2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/3 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
With the cookers lid off, heat oil on HIGH or "BROWN" until sizzling.
Place onion in cooker and saute until translucent, about 5 min.
Add celery, chicken stock, meatballs, tortellini, kale, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and basil.
Securely lock pressure cooker and set for 5 minutes on HIGH.
Perform a QUICK RELEASE to release pressure. Stir in heavy cream and add salt and pepper to taste ( I didn't think it needed any) Serve with crusty rolls and a salad.