Florida Citrus Salad
- 1 orange peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 1 tangerine peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 1 lemon peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 1 shallot peeled, quartered
- 1 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bags mixed greens - (5 oz ea)
- 2 cups orange sections
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 ripe avocados cut 1/2" dice, and tossed with
- Lemon juice as needed
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
Combine all the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour into a jar and cover with a tight lid (so you can securely tote the dressing to the potluck). (Makes 2 3/4 cups)
Combine the mixed greens with the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, shake the dressing well and toss 1 cup (or more, if desired) with the salador present the salad with dressing on the side.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
Per serving (with 2 tablespoons dressing): 270 calories, 24g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 19g fat, no cholesterol.