Pasta Salad With Salami, Carrots, Peas and Roasted Red Peppers
source: food network magazine june 2011
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound tortellini
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas or snap peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from FOODNETWORK.COM
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs; drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add the salami, carrots, peas and roasted red peppers to the bowl with the tortellini.
Make the dressing: Whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Pour over the pasta salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for up to 3 hours.
**For a creamy sauce, mix together 1/3 cup mayo, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Chesapeake Bay Crabby Mac 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Banana Peanut Butter Cream Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Not-Refried Black Beans 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Onions on George Foreman Grill 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chow Mei Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheeseless Pasta Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creme Crecy. Carrot soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)