Vegetable Beef Soup Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 pounds round steak cut into 1 inch pieces or 1.5 pounds boneless beef ribs
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce gluten free
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 tsp sa;t
- Pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen or canned
- Parmesan cheese for topping
1. In large dutch oven, over medium heat warm oil.
2. Add meat onion and garlic and saute 10 minutes until meat is no longer pink.
3. Add carrots and bell pepper and mix well searing for 1 minute while stirring.
4. Add stock, tomato juice, tomatoes, chili powder, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 1.25 hours. Taste meat and if tough, simmer another hour or so,
6. Add corn and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
7. Remove bay leaf and discard. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.