Apple-Berry Cobbler Pie
- 1 - unbaked single pie crust
- 3 lbs crisp apples
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
Prepare crust in 9 inch pie plate. Chill 30 minutes. Blind bake at 350 with pie weights for about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the filling: Peel the apples; cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss with the granulated sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the flour, cinnamon and salt and stir until the juices thicken, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in the berries; let cool completely. (The filling can be made up to 2 days ahead; cover and refrigerate)
While the filling cools, make the topping; whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with your fingers until it is in pea size pieces.
Add the buttermilk; stir with a wooden spoon to make a shaggy dough.
Spoon the filling into the crust; dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Drop large spoonfuls of the topping over the filling and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar. Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet.
Transfer tro the oven and bake until the topping is golden, 50 min to 1 hour (cover with foil if browning too quickly.
Transfer to a rack and let cool until set, about 3 hours.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Chicken and Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Turkey and Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German-Style Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rao's Lemon Chicken (Barefoot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Date & Oat Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Topped Ham Slice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry-cucumber salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Apple soups 0/5 (0 Votes)