Simple Sautéed Shrimp
I’m hard pressed to think of a dish that isn’t made better by adding sautéed shrimp. This is a super simple way to make them that is fresh and delicious. You’ll like. I promise.
- 1 lb of large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 good pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from fionalikesfood.com
1. Melt olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
2. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper (and red pepper flakes, if you dare).
3. Sprinkle the garlic over the shrimp.
4. Saute for 2-3 minutes, turning shrimp half way through. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. They should be just opaque in the center when you cut into them.
5. Add the lemon juice, parsley and the second tblsp butter. Stir to coat and serve.