New England Clam Chowder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 bottle bottled clam juice - (8 oz)
- 2 cans chopped or minced clams - (6 1/2 oz ea) drained, and juice reserved
- 3 cups cooked cauliflower
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
In a small saucepan, cook cream 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat until volume is reduced by half.
In a large saucepot over medium heat, cook bacon until cooked, but not crispy. Add celery to pot; cook 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in chicken broth, bottled clam juice and reserved clam juice; bring to a simmer.
In a blender, puree cooked cauliflower, cream and 1 cup of soup until very smooth. Return to saucepot. Stir in clams. Bring soup to a simmer; cook 5 minutes.
Season with Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces. Swirl in butter until incorporated. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 9.5 grams
Fat: 36.5 grams