Hallelujah Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts until evenly distributed.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add bananas, sour cream, vanilla and melted butter. Mix with a spoon or rubber spatula until well combined.
4. Make a well in center of the flour, pour in the wet ingredients, and stir together with a spoon or large rubber spatula until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes. Cover loaf loosely with foil to prevent over browning, reduce oven temperatures to 325 degrees, and continue baking 25-40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Let loaf cool in the pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15-20 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.