PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CROSTINI
- 2 1/2 -inch thick slices French baguette, sliced on a diagonal
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for toasting bread
- 2 portobello mushroom tops, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced flat-leaf parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fontina cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush one side of each slice with olive oil. Bake until just golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn bread slices over and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Divide mushroom mixture equally over bread slices, top with equal parts with fontina cheese. Return baking sheet to oven and bake bread slices until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.