Turkey Meat Loaf - Rachael Ray
I vary the recipe by eliminating the bacon on top and instead, after 45 mins in the oven, I remove the meatloaf and paint the top with bbq sauce, then put the meatloaf back in the oven for 15 mins more. I also eliminate the pork and use all turkey. Came out delicious.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 strips of bacon
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Place the red bell pepper, carrot, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, turkey, pork, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and mix well. Place the meat mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and, using your hands, form it into a loaf. Cover the loaf with the bacon strips. Bake the meat loaf, uncovered, until cooked through, about 1 hour.
3. Pour off the melted fat, slice the meat loaf and serve.