Escarole With Pancetta
- 3 ounces pancetta (Italian bacon) cut 1/3" dice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 head escarole - (abt 6 cups) coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta until the fat melts. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes, until onion is softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Add escarole, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and cook 10 minutes, until escarole is wilted. Remove cover, raise heat to medium-high, and cook to evaporate most of the liquid, about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4.5 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 3.5 grams
Fat: 7 grams