Tuna Steaks with Livornese Sauce
Grilled tuna steaks with a tasty sauce of tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Livornese Sauce:
- 4 tuna steaks about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1/4 c drained capers
- 1/4 c pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 c coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 diced pieces
- Few drops of lemon juice
Brush the grill grate with olive oil. Brush the tuna steaks with 1 T olive oil. Too much oil will make the fish taste sooty. Arrange the fish steaks on the grill and 2 to 3 minutes for rare or longer for well done tuna. Remove from grill and top with sauce.
Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the capers, olives, parsley and garlic and cook until capers are crisp and garlic is beginning to brown about 3 minutes. Add the tomato and lemon juice and let boil until richly flavored about 1 minute. Serve immediately on tuna.