Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce
- 3 TBS butter, divided (2 TBS / 1 TBS)
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 oz Andouille sausage or Tasso ham, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (for shrimp)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (for grits)
- 1/2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Melt 2 TBS butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, stir 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl. Add sausage (or ham) and garlic to skillet. Saute 1 minute. Add wine. Boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cream, parsley, thyme, and shrimp with any accumulated juices. Simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center and sauce is thick enough to coat spoon, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, bring 2 3/4 cup water to boil in large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits; sprinkle with salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer until grits are tender, whisking often, about 6 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1/3 cup cream and 1 TBS butter; season grits to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon grits into shallow bowls. Top with shrimp and sauce.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 18 Weight Watchers points.