Jalapeno Tuna Burgers
- 2 5 to 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup coarse dry Italian, whole-wheat or panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (low-fat preferred)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 onion, fine diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
1. Combine tuna, breadcrumbs, onion, mayonnaise, chilies in a medium bowl. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired.
2. Coat a non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, fry the tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. These can fall apart easily so be sure to handle with care.
3. Serve on buns with some spinach greens and if you have tomato slices available. Enjoy!