Tortellini with Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
- 18 ounces fresh whole wheat, three cheese tortellini (Buitoni)
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
Adapted from akitchenhoor.blogspot.com
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add margarine or butter and swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and saute until brown and the liquid has evaporated.
Cook pasta according to package directions omitting fat and salt.
Combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and pulse until combined.
Add pasta to mushroom mixture and stir to combined. Fold in cheese mixture and cook until heated through.
You'll also love
- Fresh Berry Salad with Arugula and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Salmon, Chickpeas, and... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Collard Green Sukiyaki with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Garbanzo Bean and Kale Pasta 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- PUTTANESCA with TOFU STEAKS and/or... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Boston Lettuce and Fettuccine 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Mushroom Strudel with Berry Coulis 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tortellini in Creamy Rosé Sauce 4.4/5 (16 Votes)