Beef Salad with Mango
- 2 beef roast has a smokiness that enhances the flavor of this sweet and spicy salad. Plus, you’ll have enough extra meat for at least 2 more meals.
- 1 1 6 top loin beef roast, about 6 lb., trimmed of excess fat
- to and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1 1 Tbs. Asian fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 of 1 lime
- 1/3 1/3 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1 1 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 2 2 2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 1 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 4 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 2 2 Tbs. slivered fresh mint
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Roast the beef
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Season the beef generously with salt and pepper. Place the beef in a shallow roasting pan just large enough to hold it comfortably. Roast, turning the beef occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 1 1/4 hours, or until done to your liking. Transfer the beef to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Assemble the salad
Thinly slice 4 portions of the beef, reserving the remaining beef for other meals (see note above). Cut each slice into strips.
In a large bowl, whisk together the fish sauce and lime juice. Whisk in the canola and sesame oils. Add the beef, mango, bell pepper and shallot and toss evenly with the vinaigrette.
Divide the greens among individual plates and top with the beef-mango mixture. Sprinkle with the mint and serve immediately. Serves 4; makes about 10 cups (4 lb.) sliced or shredded beef total.
You'll also love
- Fried Egg, Asparagus Crimini... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Herb Tuna Salad, Clementine... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Grapes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- PEACH CRUNCH PIE 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Thai Mango Chicken 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rosemary Lamb Kofte With Creamed... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork & Pinto Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rib-Eye alla Fiorentina, with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)