Cheesy Sausage Bake
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 ounces pork sausage crumbled
- 1 pound mushrooms cleaned, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup gluten flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
Butter a large rectangular pan with butter.
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage for 4 to 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with black pepper. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and ricotta cheese and mix thoroughly. Stir in the gluten flour, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, a little at a time, and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the sausage-mushroom mixture, grated cheeses and green onions. Pour into the prepared pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 12 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove mixture from refrigerator and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and the center slightly jiggles. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving; spoon onto serving plates and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 3 grams per serving.