Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread.
Bake for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm.
Yield: 3 dozen.