Pork Chop Casserole
One of mom's creations! Pork falls off the bone.
- 6 center cut pork chops (1/2" to 3/4" thick)
- 1 can (13 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion-sliced & separated
- 2 cans (15 oz) peas (drained)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 6 stalks celery - 1/4" slices
- 6 carrots - 1/4" slices
- 6 - 8 red skin potatoes (half lengthwise)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Sprinkle pork chops with a little salt and pepper; then coat with flour. Coat pan with olive oil and lightly brown pork chops on medium high heat.
Place pork and potatoes in two rectangular 9 x 13 Pyrex dishes in a single layer. Sprinkle top with celery, carrots, onion and mushrooms. Season with garlic salt, pepper, basil, parsley and oregano; cover with stewed tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours; basting periodically. As juice evaporates, pour peas over the top during the last 20 minutes.