Smoked Salmon With Capers Breakfast Casserole Recipe
If you love Smoked Salmon, you are going to love this Breakfast Casserole!
- ◾2 Cups plain Bagels, cut into small cubes
- ◾4 Eggs
- ◾2/3 Cup Diced Red Onion
- ◾2 Cups Milk
- ◾5 Ounces Smoked Salmon, flaked
- ◾4 Ounces Salmon Flavored Cream Cheese
- ◾1 Cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- ◾3/4 Cup Diced Tomato
- ◾1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill
- ◾2-3 Tablespoons Capers
- ◾Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Evenly layer the Bagel Cubes in the bottom of the dish.
3. Sprinkle the Onions, Salmon, Tomatoes and finally the White Cheddar Cheese over the top of the Bagel Cubes.
4. In a medium size bowl whisk together the Eggs and Milk. Give your Pepper Mill a few turns over the mixture and whisk again. Set aside
5. Next scoop the Salmon flavored Cream Cheese into small dollops and put on top of the Cheese layer
6. Now pour the Egg mixture over the top of all, in the baking dish. Then sprinkle with the Fresh dill.
7. Cover the pan tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
8. In the morning, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
9. Remove the Casserole from the refrigerator and let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes prior to baking.
10. Place the foil covered baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and continue to bake for about 20-25 additional minutes. The Casserole will begin to puff up in the oven
12. All ovens cook differently so check for doneness. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
13. Remove the Casserole from the oven and immediately top with the Capers. Allow the Casserole to cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving. It will be piping hot!
~This is a great recipe for Breakfast or Brunch. Since you can prepare it the night before, and bake in the morning, it might be a nice dish to serve on mornings when you have guests. I served mine with a side of fresh Berries and Cream. We also served freshly brewed Coffee and Mimosas. It was a lovely Breakfast.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker