Five Spice Halibut On Gingered Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon garlic chile paste (optional)
- HALIBUT AND VEGETABLES:
- 4 halibut steaks, 1" thick - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 package broccoli coleslaw - (8 oz) (or regular coleslaw mixture)
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
For dressing: In a large bowl, mix sesame and peanut oils, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cilantro, sugar substitute, and chili paste.
Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and five-spice powder.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook fish 5 minutes, per side, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in skillet, cook ginger 1 minute; add broccoli slaw and red pepper. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; add dressing; toss to coat vegetables. Divide warm salad onto four plates. Arrange one fish filet over each salad; garnish with a sprinkling of green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 38 grams
Fat: 22 grams