Kung Pao Shrimp
Active time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Makes 4 main-dish servings
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 lg red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 med. stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 6 cups broccoli florets(from 1 small head)
- 2 c frozen brown rice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 12 oz med( 16 to 20 ct) shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts , coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
in 12 in non stick skillet, heat oil on med. Add rad pepper, celery, crushed red pepper and pinch of salt. Cook 9 to 10 min or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile in lg microwave safe bowl, combine broccoli and 1/4 cup water. Cover with cventered plastic wrap; microwave on High 3 min or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Uncover and set aside. Reheat rice as labe directs.
3. in med bowl, whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, 1/3 cup water, and 1/4 tsp black pepper; add to skillet along with shrimp, green onions, peanuts and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 min or until shrimp just turn opaque throughtout, stirring frequently.
Serve over rice, alongside broccoli.