Pink Lemonade Cookies w/ Pink Lemonade Frosting
- 1/3 cup each butter and shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup frozen pink or regular lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (for altitudes up to 7000 feet)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tables prepared pink lemonade
- red food coloring (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar. Blend in eggs. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking soda; gradually beat into butter mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly brown. Brush lightly with remaining lemonade, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Beat together softened butter, powdered sugar, and prepared pink or regular lemonade, until a spreading consistency is reached. If desired, tint with red food coloring.