Spinach and Ham Crepes
- 1 batch Basic Crepe Batter (makes 6 crepes)
- 1 lb raw spinach, washed thoroughly to remove sand, discard stems and heavy veins
- 1 cup lean ham, finely chopped
- 3 TBS heavy cream
- 1 TBS Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 TBS cornstarch dissolved in 2 TBS cold water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
Adapted from food.com
1. Cook spinach about 5 minutes in boiling water; drain.
2. Place half of chopped ham in a food processor. Add the spinach, cream, salt, and nutmeg, and blend until pureed.
3. Return the puree to a clean saucepan and add the remainder of the ham. Stir over a low heat until thick. If puree appears too thin, add 1 TBS cornstarch dissolved in 2 TBS cold water, and it will thicken immediately.
4. Spread the ham and spinach puree on a crepe. Roll crepe and place in an oiled, ovenproof dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Heat for 15 minutes in a 400F oven. Allow cheese to brown slightly under the broiler.
May be served with Mornay or Hollandaise Sauce.
Makes 6 crepes. Each crepe = 3 Weight Watchers points.