Ribeye with Carmelized Mushrooms and Onions
- For the caramelized onions & mushrooms:
- (2) 10-12 oz boneless rib-eye steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 10 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
Place the steaks on a plate and generously coat them with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and stir in the chopped rosemary.
Pour the olive oil and rosemary onto the steaks, coating both sides of the steaks. Let stand for 30 minutes, allowing the steaks to come to room temperature.
While the steaks are marinating, prepare the caramelized onions and mushrooms.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet on the stovetop over low heat until fragrant - about 5 minutes. Pour the sliced onions and mushrooms into the skillet and turn the heat up to medium high. When the onions and mushrooms begin to brown, turn the heat down to medium again. Stir until they're a golden brown color and then remove them from the heat. Add the 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and use a spatula to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Keep warm.
Heat the grill to high and grease the grill grate.
Place the marinated steaks directly over high heat and cover the grill. For medium steaks, cook for 6 minutes on one side, and then flip the steaks over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the grill and allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with the warm caramelized onions and mushrooms.